- our ymca
- youth development
- healthy living
- social responsibility
- contact us
The West Cook YMCA will not be managing the Fred Hampton Aquatic Center during the summer 2019 season due to the unfortunate severe weather that caused such extensive damage to the pool this past winter. Please check with the Village of Maywood about the Fred Hampton Aquatic Center 2019 summer season. If you have any questions about Aquatic programming, please contact Kyle Albright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-434-0218.
The Fred Hampton Pool is located at 300 Oak St. in Maywood.
12:00 - 7:00pm
Daily June 10th - September 2nd
Passes are sold at these locations:
Fred Hampton Aquatic Center, 300 Oak St., Maywood
Maywood Village Hall, 40 Madison St., Maywood
The West Cook YMCA, 255 S. Marion St., Oak Park
Call the Y: 708 383 5200
|Youth (Ages 3 - 17)||$5||$7|
|Adults (Ages 18 - 54)||$8||$10|
|Adults (Ages 55+)||$6||$8|
|Family (Limit 6 persons)||$15||$17|
|Youth (Ages 3 - 17)||$40||$60|
|Adult (Ages 18+)||$50||$70|
|Family (Limit 6 persons)||$90||$110|
Daily Fees and Annual Passes are included in West Cook YMCA Memberships.
The pool will close under any of the following conditions:
We will post a notice on westcookymca.org
The Fred Hampton Aquatic Center has party packages available for parties, family reunions, school or church groups, or day care centers.
Please contact the West Cook YMCA for information on how to book. All packages must be booked a minimum of 14 days in advance and are subject to availability.
**Minimum enrollment numbers must be met for lessons to run. There will be no make ups for FHAC Lessons.
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors!
Platinum Sponsor: Maywood Proviso Rotary
Gold Sponsors: Forest Park National Bank & Trust Forest Printing Klein, Thorpe & Jenkins, Inc.
Silver Sponsors: AA Rental a5Group Inc.
Bronze Sponsors: West Cook YMCA Aquatic Instructors
• Contribute as a Monetary Sponsor and directly offset operational costs.
• Contribute as a Scholarship Provider and not only will you directly offset operational costs, but you’ll also receive Scholarship Annual Passes to give to youth or families who cannot afford passes.
• Drowning is the leading cause of unintentional deaths for children ages 1-14 years old. (National Drowning Prevention Alliance NDPA)
• 70% of African American, 60% of Hispanic and 40% of Caucasian children don’t know how to swim. (USA Swimming)
• African American children between the ages of 5-14 are three times more likely to drown than Caucasian children. (Center of Disease Control, CDC)
• Over 35,000 visits at the Fred Hampton Aquatic Center since 2013
• Everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer due to the fact that there are zero aquatics incidents
• 100% of the 758 children and adults who received complimentary swim lessons reduced their risk of drowning by learning safety in and around water.
• The philanthropic community contributed to the success of the pool in 2018 included:
A5 Group, Inc., Forest Park National Bank, Forest Printing, Klein, Thorpe, and Jenkins, LTD., Rotary Club of Maywood, Village of Maywood, The USA Swimming Foundation, and YMCA of the USA
We have a big dream.
Your investment creates positive change.
Together, we can ensure kids have a fun and safe summer.