Job Type: Part Time
Category: Youth Development
Compensation: $15.00-$18.00 / hour
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Provides safe transportation to and from program sites. May also provide support in other areas as assigned. Position will work 30+ hours per week throughout the calendar year.
- Summer Schedule will typically be Monday through Friday 9AM to 4PM (may vary).
- School year schedule will be in the AM and PM Monday through Friday.
- Schedule will be outlined and agreed upon with Program Manager.
- Maintain flexibility as situations can and will change frequently.
- Have a working cell phone to communicate with Program Leaders if needed.
- Conduct themselves in a safe and respectful manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to all program participants.
- Greet program participants and provide assistance getting on bus.
- Enforce bus rules and ensure they are followed by all program participants.
- Requires diligence, attention to detail and strong time management still in order to ensure the schedule is maintained.
- Plan routes to destination and evaluate alternatives for unexpected detours or emergencies.
- Complies with local traffic regulations. Evaluates and maintains proper speeds and distances based on road conditions and traffic conditions.
- Completes accident and/or incident reports.
- Completes Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections (e.g. records mileage, fuel level, vehicle defects, etc.) and always Maintain the cleanliness of bus as part of pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Communicate with Program Leaders on a regularly basis to ensure bus program expectations.
- Transportation to and from Y specialty programs such as, but not limited to, swim lessons, sports programs, and field trips
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
- Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
- High school graduate or GED.
- Previous experience working with children and driving school bus preferred
- All drivers are subject to a background screening and a motor record vehicle check.
- Must have a valid and IL State License, CDL preferred.
- At least 25 years of age
- Fluent English Skills.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications, Child Abuse Prevention AND Blood Bourne Pathogens training prior to start date (provided if needed).
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com