Job Type: Part Time
Category: Youth Development
Compensation: $15.00 / hour
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Provides safe transportation to and from program sites. May also provide support in other areas as assigned.
- Drives bus safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
- Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and record all information. Records gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms. Cleans out bus each day.
- Promotes safety at all times and keeps first aid supplies fully stocked.
- Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
- Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
- Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
- Has a valid driver’s license, CDL preferred
- Ensures highest safety standards at all times through bus inspections and maintaining vehicle records
- Picks up and delivers passengers on time and according to established procedures
- Fosters a welcoming environment for all- on and off the bus
- Three year experience as a bus driver preferred
- Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus).
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR and First Aid.
- Desire and ability to work with children.
- Is 25 years of age or older
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Email resume and cover letter to: Rebecca Boblett, Youth Development School Age Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org