Human Resources Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Finance & Business Office
Compensation: $45,000 - $50,000
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator who is responsible for coordinating and administering HR functions, specifically, recruitment, training, payroll and benefits administration. The HR Coordinator is also responsible for recordkeeping in the HRIS System, Paychex, and administering employee policies and procedures. The position reports to the Finance Director.
- Posting positions, applicant tracking and background screening.
- Serve as the primary recruiter for positions.
- Assist in developing and implementing effective recruitment and selection procedures to ensure a highly qualified and diverse pool of candidates.
- Serve as the point of contact for staff on our benefits plans. Responsible for coordinating communication and enrollment for insurance coverage for health, dental, vision, life and LTD. Also manages termination from coverage and COBRA communication and compliance.
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process.
- Recordkeeping in HRIS application (Paychex).
- Compliance with onboarding checklist for new hires.
- Maintain and update File personnel records.
- Assist the Finance Director with special projects and other duties as necessary and assigned
YMCA Competencies (Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field - Human Resources, Business/Psychology, Industrial Psychology or equivalent in experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years Human Resources Generalist experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff members and outside resources
- Excellent HRIS application skills/computer skills
- Must be highly trustworthy and able to strictly maintain confidentiality of privileged information
- Available to work nonbusiness hours and a minimum of 40 hours a week.
- Ability to walk, stand, bending, kneeling, and sitting (including on the floor) while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER