Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
The Member Engagement Facility Supervisor is responsible for ensuring a safe, consistent member experience, and management of the facility. Under the supervision of the Director of Member Engagement and Services, the Member Engagement Facility Supervisor will serve as a representative of the management team during evening and weekend operating hours to ensure a safe, welcoming, and quality curated experience for our members and guests.
- Demonstrates the proficiency and deep working knowledge of all daily member services, facility, and programming operational functions to ensure the Y is operating effectively and delivering a curated experience
- Leads and coordinates the Emergency Response Plan as necessary
- Delivers on the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in every interaction with staff, members, and guests while fostering a positive relationship with all
- Provides assistance and leadership at the Member Engagement Desk and ensuring department goals are met
- Provides daily communications with leadership on facility, member, and staff incidents and problem-solves incidents when a director is not available on-site
- Engages members and guests throughout the facility to ensure we are delivering a quality member and guest experience
- Any additional functions as assigned by the Director of Member Engagement and Services
YMCA Competencies (Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Event Management, Fitness, Sports and Recreation, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Three years of member relations or customer service experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills working with diverse groups of individuals, and settings.
- Must have excellent communications including written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective and multitasking and detail oriented.
- Prior experience and operating proficiency with the following operating systems: MS O365, Daxko.
- Excellent team and conflict management skills.
- Available to work nonbusiness hours and a minimum of 40 hours a week.
- Ability to walk, stand, bending, kneeling, and sitting (including on the floor) while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Youthdevelopmenthr@westcookymca.org
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER