Job Type: Part Time
Category: Youth Development
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the direction of the Director of Youth Development, the Babysitter is responsible for the care of children, ages 6 weeks to 9 years old, in the Babysitting Room. The Babysitting Room is designed to be a space where kids experience interactive play, create relationships, and explore new things.
- Take responsibility for correcting the problems you see.
- Monitor toys and equipment for safety.
- Attend all required meetings unless excused.
- Engage children in fun activities that promote the YMCA mission.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment at all times.
- Maintain daily open communication with members, participants, and staff.
- Report any risk management issues to the Babysitting Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Effectively solve issues related to accidents/incidents.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform cleaning tasks as assigned
- Complete any incident reports and turn them in to the Director of Youth Development.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Previous experience and/or training working with children preferred.
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification required. Must maintain current these certifications.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and creativity as well as enthusiasm, dedication, responsibility, and maturity.
- Exhibit the ability to remain calm, reasonable and compassionate in facing critical situations.
- Ability to care for and manage children of diverse ages and cultures.
- Assertiveness to handle discipline and accident/incidents.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER