Water Fitness Instructor
Job Type: Part Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the direction of the Aquatic Director, the Water Fitness Instructor provides direct leadership, instruction, safety, and motivation for students in water fitness classes in accordance to the designated West Cook YMCA Water Fitness Program.
- Effectively design and plan a water fitness curriculum for all levels, skills, and abilities
- Obtains and maintains at least one water fitness certification and all other certifications required by the Aquatic Director.
- Maintains knowledge of wellness and trends to provide accurate and effective information to support participants.
- Substitutes for other instructors in order to encourage overall quality programming and staff support.
- Follows all West Cook YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Adhere to all guidelines and procedures set by the West Cook YMCA Handbook and Aquatic Manual.
YMCA Competencies (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- A minimum of 18 years of age
- Experience and demonstrating in the ability to put together a water fitness program.
- Water Fitness certification a plus
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Email resume and cover letter to Kyle Sandine.