Group Exercise Instructor
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Healthy Living
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
West Cook YMCA Group Exercise Instructors provide instruction for group exercise classes onsite and offsite and may assist with special events. Group Exercise Instructors offer participants planned programs to advance their workout efficiency, improve fitness abilities, increase strength, and most importantly improve their overall well-being.
- Lead onsite group exercise classes in a safe and effective manner and provide a high level of service to participants
- Responds immediately to emergency situations accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Adheres to all guidelines and procedures set in the West Cook YMCA Handbook
- Allow 15 minutes pre/post class to build a greater sense of well-being, community, and health-literacy for the participants
- Maintain and keep the facility areas and equipment organized, clean, and inviting
- All other duties to be assigned by Healthy Living Fitness Program Coordinator
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
- Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Group exercise certification from one of the following certifying bodies – AFAA, ACSM, ACE, YMCA, ADAA, NSCA, or other reputable national organization
- Certification or willingness to receive certification within 60 days of hire in CPR/AED, First Aid, and Blood borne Pathogens through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
- Certification or willingness to receive certification in Child Abuse Prevention
- Understanding of the ACSM/Ace Safety Guidelines of contraindications and how they relate to yoga
- Willingness and ability to work early morning, evening, and weekends
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.