Job Type: Part Time
Category: Healthy Living
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the supervision & direction of the Healthy Living Coordinator, Personal Trainers will provide fitness consultations, one-on-one and small group personal training sessions, and assistance with programming and special events. This is done with an emphasis on maintaining the quality of the program, remaining up-to-date on fitness trends and education materials, and increasing the number of participants served.
- Design and execute individual and small group exercise fitness programs in a safe and effective manner
- Responds immediately to emergency situations accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Adheres to all guidelines and procedures set in the West Cook YMCA Handbook
- Maintain a client list of 4 or more weekly clients and commit to increasing the number of monthly fitness consultations to at least 8 clients
- Maintain client files and keep the personal training office organized, clean, and inviting.
- Ability to learn and accurately use Appointment King (YMCA software system) for PT availability, client scheduling and cancellations and any other data necessary
- All other duties to be assigned by Healthy Living Fitness Program Coordinator
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
- Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Current personal training certification through a national organization (ACE, NASM, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, etc.)
- Certification or willingness to receive certification within 60 days of hire in CPR/AED, First Aid, and Blood borne Pathogens through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
- Certification or willingness to receive certification in Child Abuse Prevention
- Demonstrate ability to work with all age groups and levels of ability
- Knowledge of exercise physiology, kinesiology, safe training procedures, exercise program implementation, and proper cardiovascular, resistance, free weight, and related fitness equipment
- Willingness and ability to work early morning, evening, and weekends
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org