Housekeeper - Resident and Facility
Job Type: Part Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the supervision of the COO, the Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment for all facility occupants.
- Must be able to use cleaning equipment and products to perform duties including but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, laundry services, trash removal.
- Prepare supplies and equipment prior to shift; including preparing cleaning solutions.
- Adhere to cleaning schedule for assigned areas at multiple facilities.
- Maintain up to date records for each area that is assigned.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or repairs to supervisor.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor with staff, youth and adult members, residents, vendors.
- Clean resident rooms, classrooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, stairways, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Observe precautions required to protect property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
- Previous cleaning or housekeeping experience preferred.
- Good customer service skills.
- Capable of using independent judgment and solid decision-making skills.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Candidates with independent transportation preferred.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUMES TO KEVIN KLEIN: email@example.com