Job Type: Part Time
Category: Healthy Living
Compensation: $25/ hr
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
West Cook YMCA Yoga Instructors provide instruction for group yoga classes, both onsite and offsite, and may assist with other Healthy Living programming and special events. They offer classes that help participants improve their strength, flexibility, and balance, as well as enhance their overall well-being. Yoga Instructors must be able to match their availability to the needs of our program schedule.
- Model the YMCA’s commitment to improving health and well-being.
- Create yoga sequences, instruct classes, and demonstrate proper form in a safe and effective manner while providing a high level of service to participants.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Adhere to all guidelines and procedures set forth in the West Cook YMCA Handbook.
- Assist the Healthy Living Department in finding substitutes when unable to attend a scheduled yoga class.
- Keep the facility areas and equipment organized, clean, and inviting.
- Know and enforce all YMCA rules and regulations.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES:
- Registered Yoga Teacher with a minimum 200-hour certification.
- Comfortability demonstrating yoga poses and ability to offer modifications for all ages and levels of fitness.
- Understanding of the ACSM/ACE safety guidelines of contraindications and how they relate to yoga.
- Certification or willingness to receive certification in CPR/AED, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Certification or willingness to receive certification in Child Abuse Prevention.
- Ability and willingness to respond to critical situations and act swiftly in an emergency.
- Willingness and ability to work early morning, evening, and weekends.
- Walking, standing, and sitting (including on the floor) for long periods of time and while maintaining alertness.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Lifting and carrying supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, leaning, and kneeling.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER