Healthy Living Fitness Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Healthy Living
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
The Healthy Living Fitness Program Coordinator will provide premiere membership experience, value, service, and retention programs by effectively planning, implementing, and promoting all fitness programs. Ensures an environment that supports individuals in increasing their health literacy and greater sense of wellbeing.
The Healthy Living Fitness Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all financial goals are met or exceeded to include Personal Training, Specialty Classes, Work Place Wellness and any revenues resulting from programming onsite at other organizations.
The Healthy Living Fitness Program Coordinator along with fitness team will deliver quality programming to YMCA members that drives program enrollment, and our member’s achievement of goals they set. The coordinator will consider every interaction with members as an opportunity for creating a meaningful relationship.
- Enable proactive, clear, effective and timely internal and member communications in order to ensure a positive and consistent member experience.
- Manages all aspects of Fitness programming to include but not limited to: Program design, staffing, facility schedules, coordinating with other department in order to ensure an optimal member experience.
- Hires, trains, and directs all fitness, group exercise instructors, workplace wellness, and CDP program staff.
- Serves as Program Coordinator for all CDP programs onsite and off-site.
- Performs Fitness Consultations and Wellness Orientations for new YMCA members to help them achieve their wellbeing goals.
- Oversee communications and scheduling of any other member personal wellness programs (ex. personal training, dietician consultations, healthy lifestyles, ETC.)
- Support facility maintenance/ service plan by maintaining accurate records and maintains equipment, purchases equipment, parts and supplies, and works with Building and Property Department to coordinate schedules for equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee communications and scheduling of Fitness Programs.
- Works with Sports coordinator to ensure all Adult and Youth Sports programming and space is coordinated preventing any schedule conflicts and the optimal utilization of our facility
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Monitors daily operations to adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
- Plan and instruct individuals, groups, and/or classes and may at time substitute for group exercise classes when needed.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
- Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management, Exercise Science, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of prior supervisory and training experience
- Proven track record in program development, implementing fitness initiatives, leading, motivating, and inspiring others in successfully achieving their health and wellness goals
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic backgrounds
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certification
- Have a current group exercise and personal trainer certification with a national organization that tests both theoretical knowledge and performance, such as A.F.A.A., A.C.E., and A.C.S.M., N.S.C.A. or working towards same.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling and walking.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.