Job Type: Part Time
Category: Youth Development
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the direction of the Youth Development Director, the Babysitting Coordinator is responsible for the care of children in the Babysitting room, supervise all other Babysitting staff, coordinate schedules, and engage children in activities in a safe and healthy environment.
- Meet and greet all volunteers, staff, members, program participants, etc. as they enter the babysitting room
- Engage children in fun, age appropriate activities that promote the YMCA mission.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment at all times.
- Maintain daily open communication with members, participants, and staff.
- Assist the Youth Development Director in the selection and training of Babysitting team members.
- Assign cleaning tasks and check for completion.
- Manage member sign in/attendance sheets.
- Complete all appropriate records including but not limited to Staff schedules, sign in sheets, and cleaning duties.
- Connect our members to the babysitting room, and our babysitting families to other programs within the Y
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
- Must be 21 years of age
- Previous experience and/or training working with children preferred.
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification required. Must maintain current these certifications.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and creativity as well as enthusiasm, dedication, responsibility, and maturity.
- Exhibit the ability to remain calm, reasonable and compassionate in facing critical situations.
- Ability to care for and manage children of diverse ages and cultures.
- Assertiveness to handle discipline and accident/incidents.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com