- our ymca
- youth development
- healthy living
- social responsibility
- contact us
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Healthy Living
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
West Cook YMCA Group Exercise Cycle Instructors provide instruction for group exercise classes and may assist with special events. Cycle Instructors offer participants planned programs to advance their workout efficiency, improve fitness abilities, increase strength, and most importantly improve their overall well-being.
1. Lead onsite cycle classes in a safe and effective manner and provide a high level of service to participants
2. Responds immediately to emergency situations accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Adheres to all guidelines and procedures set in the West Cook YMCA Handbook
3. Allow 15 minutes pre/post class to build a greater sense of well-being, community, and health-literacy for the participants
4. Maintain and keep the Cycle Studio areas and equipment organized, clean, and inviting. Ensures participants are registered
5. All other duties to be assigned by Healthy Living Fitness Program Coordinator
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.