Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the direction of the Director of Buildings & Properties, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring a positive member, resident and guest experience through the execution of the preventative and responsive maintenance program for all West Cook YMCA facility assets. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for safely performing routine inspections and repair projects related to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, housekeeping & grounds work, within budget and comply with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines.
- To safely implement the facility preventative maintenance, responsive maintenance, grounds keeping and housekeeping plans for all resources managed by the West Cook YMCA
- Responsible for the completion of maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Perform regular evaluations of the condition of all equipment and facility.
- Assist in department planning and execution of the objectives developed in that process.
- Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Strong communication skills, practical and strong decision-making skills.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Responsible for alerting the Director of Building and Properties of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Available to respond to respond to emergency situations when needed
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Building & Properties
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
- High School education or equivalent; a 2-year college degree is preferred.
- Some vocational courses in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, IT, boiler operation & maintenance, or 3-5 years of experience.
- Journeyman’s level of expertise & some hands-on experience in the above areas
- Proven mechanical &/or electrical aptitude, problem solving & trouble shooting skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal abilities & project planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials and supplies weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO KEVIN KLEIN AT firstname.lastname@example.org