Member Engagement Representative
Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the supervision of the Member Engagement Supervisor, the Member Engagement Representative is responsible for creating a welcoming environment and delivering excellent service to all visitors. Also, the Member Engagement Representative is responsible for engaging and navigating members through their YMCA experience.
- Greet all visitors and provide high quality customer service
- Understand and share Membership and program information
- Conduct facility tours invite potential members to join the Y
- Create a quality member experience by ensuring a clean and organized facility and managing member amenities
- Answer member inquiries and phone calls, and connect to the appropriate staff person
- Accurately complete registrations and transactions
- Grant facility access to authorized members and guests with a focus on safety and security
- Conduct member engagement calls
- Collect and enter operational and facility usage data
- Address and resolve member concerns and conflicts
- Advocate for the Y and participate in fundraisers & promotional events
- Perform any additional essential functions assigned by the Member Engagement Director, Supervisor or Coordinators
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Post High School education or equivalent education and experience
- Two years’ experience in service, sales or related industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office software. Daxko or CCC software experience preferred
- Telephone system operating experience
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CRR/AED & First Aid
- Ability to work during YMCA operating hours
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit while maintaining alertness, for long periods of time
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
Please Email Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org