Overnight Member Services Representative
Job Type: Part Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the supervision of the Member Engagement Supervisor, and the overall direction of the Member Engagement Director, the Overnight Member Services Representative ensures that the facility and our residents are safe and secure during hours that the facility is closed. This position will play a part in the ongoing operations of the Member Engagement Department, as well as serve as a concierge to resident.
- Ensure facility is secure and locked after hours and only authorized personnel or residents are allowed access to the facility.
- Provide concierge services to residents, including transferring phone calls, conducting well-being checks, assisting with deliveries.
- Provide support to Member Engagement team entering daytime operational data, filing & sorting, preparing for events, etc.
- Coordinate efforts with the overnight maintenance team to prepare for following day operations including: ensuring cleanliness of membership area & managing member amenities such as towel, coffee, fruit, etc.
- Communicate with other overnight team members as well as daytime members to provide status updates regarding any situation that arises, or project updates.
- Enforce policies in the resident rule book and the member handbook.
- Provide emergency response, including but not limited to: facility evacuation, conflict resolution.
- Perform any additional essential functions assigned by the Member Engagement Director, Supervisor or Coordinators
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Post High School education or equivalent education and experience.
- Two years’ experience in guest services and/or security field.
- Strong personal computer skills and experience with standard business software. Daxko operations preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must model the ability to work in a “team” environment as well as having the initiative to seek out and start projects alone.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- Emergency response training preferred.
- Ability to work irregular work hours up to 40 hours a week.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Please Email Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org