Member Engagement Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the overall supervision of the Member Engagement Director and the direct supervision of the Member Engagement Supervisor, the Member Engagement Coordinator works to maintain and enhance customer service and staff development. This position delivers and demonstrates exemplary customer service. The Coordinator promotes growth of the membership and program departments.
- Provide an overall expertise of member engagement and guidance to the Member Engagement Department.
- Possess the knowledge of membership types, programming and events being offered at the YMCA.
- Promote and sell memberships and classes, and register participants for YMCA programs.
- Provide interested members with tours and provide tour training to staff as needed.
- Review processes and procedures in order to increase staff and member satisfaction.
- Promote customer satisfaction by working with Member Engagement Supervisor to increase member engagement’s effectiveness in customer service.
- Train and coach new and existing employees to improve all their customer service skills.
- Train and coach new and existing employees on Standard Operating Procedures.
- Encourage staff growth by creating or providing trainings as needed. Become a trainer on other courses to offer to staff.
- Must work closely with the Member Engagement Director to improve customer service to all members.
- Manage and rectify cash handling procedures and hold staff accountable.
- Cultivate members and volunteers and assist them in tasks.
- Works with Directors and Coordinators to utilize Daxko operations in the most effective way for programs.
- Provide accurate information on events for staff and members to attend.
- Attend bi- monthly meetings.
- Uphold the security of the YMCA by only allowing authorized persons into the facility
- Organize and attend staff meetings as required.
- Substitute for Member Engagement Representatives when they are unable to work.
- Organize the front desk area and maintain a clean and efficient working environment.
- Leads by example. Improves staff to grow in the YMCA.
- Assist in development of systems, strategies, and processes as assigned by Member Engagement Director.
- Reviews and provides suggestions to Standard Operating Procedures.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Associates Degree or High School Diploma
- Has 2 years of customer service experience.
- Excellent skills in working with various types of people, including conflict resolution.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent math and computer skills.
- Must model the ability to work in a “team” environment.
- Ability to work irregular work hours up to 40 hours a week.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Please Email Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com