Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
The Aquatic Coordinator assists the Associate Aquatics Director in the planning for and implements the YMCA aquatic programs which results in high quality, member focused programming. A core deliverable of the Aquatics Coordinator is to increase member retention, and participant satisfaction through aquatic programming. The Aquatic Coordinator is responsible for the direct oversight of swim lessons and water fitness programming and staff.
- Oversees Swim Lessons and Water Fitness operations.
- Executes coordination of high-quality programming, by ensuring curriculum is followed and delivered effectively.
- The Aquatic Coordinator will assist the Associate Aquatic Director in building member relations and retention through aquatic programming and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Develop staff schedules, including private lessons.
- Helps to monitor daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Under the supervision of the Associate Aquatics Director. will conduct certification trainings for both Swim Lesson Instructors, and Lifeguards; including bi-monthly in-service training.
- Assists staff ensuring that shifts are covered, while acting as a substitute if needed.
- Responsible for compiling program statistics and using the data to drive results to meet monthly and annual targeted outcomes.
- Assists in the marketing & retention strategies.
- The Aquatic Coordinator will actively participate in special events
- Implementing YMCA best practices for aquatic programming within our three core focus areas—youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation Management, Exercise Science, or related field
- Current Red Cross lifeguard certification or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years of prior aquatic supervisory and training experience
- The ability to lead, motivate, and inspire others to be successful in their aquatic health and wellness goals
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic backgrounds
- Proficient swimming skills
- Evening and Weekend Availability
- Physical ability to use aquatic equipment to successfully rescue 200lb person
- Within the first 90 days, YMCA or Red Cross trainer level certification must be completed in following areas:
- Within the first 90 days, the following certification must be completed: Lifeguard Instructor, Swim Lesson Instructor, Aquatic Management, and National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool/Spa Operator Certification
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Exposure to extreme temperature and humidity
EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER