Modified Moves | Maximum Results
The YMCA’s Enhance® Fitness is a proven community-based senior fitness and arthritis management program. It helps older adults become more active, energized, and empowered for independent living.
West Cook YMCA Membership is required. For more information, contact Sierra Waller, Chronic Disease Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.434.0208
The program requires participants to take a session off after completing a session.
Class meets on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 12:30-1:30 pm.
Register online or at the front desk.
It is nationally recognized by:
- Centers for Disease Control
- US Dept. of Health and Human Services
- US Dept. on Aging
- National Council on Aging
- A certified instructor with special training
- Dynamic exercises done at individual’s pace
- Up to 25 people in each class
- Class meets 3 times per week
- Fitness assessment at beginning and every 4 months
- Exercises focusing on cardiovascular endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance which can help reduce the severity of arthritis symptoms
- An atmosphere that encourages social interaction, which is a vital part of health and well-being for older adults
- Older adults at all fitness levels; beneficial for those living with arthritis
- 90% participant retention rate
- 13% improvement in social functioning
- 35% improvement in physical functioning
- 53% improvement in depression
- Fewer hospitalizations and $945 less in health care costs per year than non-participants
Over 99% of participants say they would recommend Enhance®Fitness to a friend
West Cook YMCA and the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Association of the United States of America (“YMCA of the USA”) are committed to supporting healthy lifestyles through the EnhanceFitness program but do not guarantee any specific outcomes for program participants