Your Company Benefits When Your Employees Achieve Wellness
Click here to download our Workplace Wellness Brochure. Contact Healthy Living Associate Director Sam Bertrams at 708-434-0235 or email@example.com for more information.
Help your employees achieve vitality by increasing their health literacy and overall well-being.
As a decision maker in your workplace, you know how important the health and wellbeing of your employees are, and that it can impact your insurance rates. Improving the health literacy of your team will help your employees achieve wellness as they improve their fitness and overall health. The West Cook YMCA stands ready to partner with you to help your employees achieve vitality so they can bring their best selves to the workplace every day.
Through Workplace Wellness from the West Cook Y, you can provide YMCA memberships to your employees – and your company will receive special benefits for Workplace Wellness Members only.
Why Workplace Wellness? Fit employees . . .
- Are less likely to get sick. A person who is physically fit is generally more resistant to the “office bug” than a person who is not fit. You benefit from reduced absenteeism and reduced health care expenses.
- Have more energy and can better remain focused on the task at hand. That means increased productivity!
- Have more self-confidence. They challenge themselves and strive for higher levels of achievement in the workplace.
- Tend to set and achieve goals. Succeeding in a fitness program requires individuals to set and strive toward goals. Learning to set and meet goals is a skill that is often transferred to the workplace.
- Tend to have better attitudes. They have a greater sense of physical and mental balance that results in a more positive attitude in the workplace.
- Are less stressed. A consistent exercise routine releases the physical and emotional tensions that life brings our way.
- Have lower health costs both now and in the future. As employees learn to prevent or manage chronic diseases, their need for long-term medical care can decrease – and that can positively impact your bottom line in terms of lower insurance premiums!
Tell your employees they matter.
Employees appreciate an employer who cares about their health, and feel a greater sense of value when their company shows concern for their health and well-being. Additionally, research shows that employee turnover is lower among employees who take advantage of a wellness program implemented by their employer.
YMCA Member Benefits for Workplace Wellness Participants
Your employees will enjoy these member benefits that enrich spirit, mind and body:
- Free Fitness Consultation with a wellness coach to help develop a personal plan for success.
- Recently updated state-of-the-art fitness facility that includes cardio equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, Arc trainers, steppers, recumbent and upright bicycles); strength training machines; free weights; 2 gyms; indoor track; 25-yard lap pool; and spa facilities.
- In-house registered dietitian.
- AWAY program – employees can work out at over 2700 YMCAs across the country when they’re on the road.
- More than 40 complimentary group exercise classes every week.
- Complimentary towel service, fresh fruit and babysitting services.
- Youth Sports programs.
- Guest Passes so employees can bring a friend to work out with them.
- Discounted rates on classes and programs.
- Health screenings through the Healthy Communities Initiative with Westlake Hospital.
Plus, your company will enjoy these exclusive Workplace Wellness benefits!
- Two FREE Workplace Wellness @ Lunch sessions per year.
- No membership contracts and no joiner fee for your employees.
- Up to 20% off individual membership rates.*
- YMCA attendance at one company health/employee fair every year.
- Facility usage reports for each employee, upon request.
- Use of our facility is available for staff events and parties.
* 5% discount when 5 – 9 employees join; 10% discount for 10 – 19 employees; 20% discount for 20 or more employees.
Workplace Wellness @ Lunch from the YMCA
The Y wants to help your employees learn how to make healthier choices by offering interactive, informative educational sessions over the lunch hour at your facility. We know Workplace Wellness does not start and end with physical activity, so we strive to help your employees achieve vitality through as many outlets as possible.
You can choose the Workplace Wellness @ Lunch sessions that will most benefit your workplace, including:
- Yoga: Restorative, Basics or Power.
- Bodyweight Resistance: Participants learn to use their own bodies as exercise equipment in a safe, effective and fun environment.
- On-site classes that bring the workout to employees at your facility, customize for your employees and their needs.
- Choose-your-own (select from group exercise classes that are normally offered at the YMCA).
- Wellness Seminars to help your employees make wise choices:
- Health eating in the cafeteria, from vending machines and on the road
- How to read food labels
- Fitness 101
- Making time for fitness
- Men’s and women’s health
- Stress management
- Small steps for disease prevention
Additionally, the West Cook Y can provide on-site assessments, including:
- BMI – height and weight
- Waist circumference
- Blood pressure
- Body fat percentage
- Health screenings
- Health risk evaluations
- Nutritional consultations
Workplace Wellness Partners receive two Workplace Wellness @ Lunch sessions each year at no charge. You can purchase additional sessions as needed to motivate and educate employees about topics that are important to their health. Additional sessions are $60 for Workplace Wellness members and $100.00 for non-members.
Contact Sam Bertrams at 708-434-0235 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule health screenings or our participation in your health fair, or to schedule classes on-site for your employees at a reduced rate. Complete the form on the next page to schedule a Workplace Wellness @ Lunch session.