We're heading into a busy season for many families, with the holidays quickly approaching. This is also the busy season at the West Cook YMCA as we put the finishing touches on our annual Gala, prepare to host our annual Community Thanksgiving Meal, get ready to open our Christmas tree lot on Friday, November 24, and reintroduce our Christmas blend coffee - a perfect pairing with colder weather.
We're excited that Kevin Washington, President and CEO of YMCA of the USA will be our guest at the Gala. He'll be sharing how the Y as a movement is addressing critical social issues across the nation and how the West Cook YMCA is an active part of that solution right here in our community. Want to be part of the celebration? Contact Tara Lenardi at firstname.lastname@example.org to join us November 18 at the Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook.
Our Christmas tree lot will again be featuring fresh-cut trees and wreaths from Michigan. While the great
smell of a fresh tree can't be beat, there's another bonus - about half the cost of the tree goes to our scholarship fund so you get a tax deduction for part of the cost and support our neighbors who need scholarships for Y memberships, classes, and chronic disease management programs. Mark your calendars to choose the tree that's perfect for you!
As I mentioned, our Christmas blend coffee will be available for purchase this season at the Y - purchase yours when you buy a tree. Our Christmas Blend Coffee also makes a great gift for your friends and family. Stop by the front desk beginning November 24th.
Y-Kids, our before- and after-school program, is off to a great start at our new location (St. John's Lutheran Church, 305 Circle Ave., Forest Park, IL). Did you know we offer school out special for winter break? Registration is open. Contact Lisa Gacki at email@example.com for more information. If you have children, check out the new facilities just a few blocks away that offer more space and great new opportunities for youth to learn new skills, experience new activities and make lasting friendships.
Finally, remember that your Y membership includes ...
- Wellness center with cardio and strength machines and free weights
- Group exercise programs
- Classes that are proven to provide results - they're fun and they work!
- Spas for men and women with dry sauna, whirlpool and steam room
- Spa-level personal training studio
- Discounted program fees
- Drop-in babysitting
- Indoor track and lap pool
- Complementary towels, coffee and fruit
- And much more!
Our focus at the West Cook YMCA is you - our member. As you focus on improving your health and well-being, in whatever form that takes for you, we're here to help. We offer a vast number of programs so you can tailor-make the experience that is perfect for you, at whatever stage of life you're in. Our commitment is simple - you invest your time and we'll deliver value!
Have a great November at your Y and a wonderful Thanksgiving.
President & CEO
Did you know?
- We upgraded our Swim Lessons -- a great way for children to learn to swim. To learn more about enrolling your child in a future session of Upgraded Swim Lessons, contact Kim Polk, Associate Aquatics Director, at 708-434-0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We now offer Healthy Weight and Your Child -- a brand-new program at the West Cook YMCA. Don't let the childhood obesity epidemic keep your child from living life to the fullest. Instead, enroll in this evidence-based program that helps parents and children embrace healthy eating and physical fitness. For more information on Healthy Weight and Your Child, contact Jenny Kraak, Chronic Disease Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Nutritional Consultation Services are available - meet with our registered dietitian to learn how to put the science of food into your everyday meal planning. Forget diet fads and the latest program being hawked by a celebrity. Instead, focus on what's been proven to work! Whether you want to lose weight, reduce high blood pressure, manage or prevent diabetes or you are just looking to improve your current eating habits, contact Jennifer Allington at 708-434-3214 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a personal consultation - and leave with a plan that's designed around you and your weight goals.
- Fridays are free for Seniors - if you are 62 or older, Friday is your best day of the week! Bring your senior friends to the West Cook Y and enjoy FREE use of the spas and locker rooms, our Wellness Center (including cardio and weight equipment), gyms, the track, Community Learning Center and the pool-including Senior Swim. This is a great way to enjoy staying fit with friends! (And don't forget to enjoy a cup of coffee on us!)
Don't wait until it's time to make a New Year's resolution. November is the perfect time to start or enhance a personal program that helps you along the path to wellness. We're standing by at the West Cook YMCA to help you personalize your membership to match your interests and needs.
West Cook YMCA is your Y, your way, every day!