rapid response scholarship will open on sunday, august 8th at 5pm
The West Cook YMCA sees no better expression of our goal to promote social equity in our communities than through our scholarship program. Your Y promises to open its doors to all and provide access to a healthy spirit, mind, and body regardless of ability to pay. Because of our members who have generously contributed to the Annual Support Campaign, we have been able to serve our communities’ needs in this manner and are ready to continue supporting those who now find themselves in need.
We understand the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on our country, our state, and our communities. To better meet the needs of those impacted by this pandemic, our Rapid Response Scholarship Program is available to current members who live in our service area. This updated and improved scholarship program is designed to provide rapid financial assistance approval to those in need without encumbering them with an extended, slow process.
If you have questions, please contact our scholarship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high demand of the program and limited scholarship funds available, below are the changes to the Rapid Response Scholarship Program:
- The application is done online through JotForm. These can be completed in the West Cook YMCA's Computer Learning Center.
- An email is required to receive a scholarship as this is the form of communication utilized by the scholarship team.
- Scholarships for membership will range from 30% to 60%. Program scholarships, if approved, will be capped at 50%.
- Scholarships will be provided to new applicants first and any remaining funds will be allocated to those who are renewing on or after the 20th of the month. Scholarships are on a first come, first serve basis. There will be a wait list that is determined by the timestamp from JotForm.
- Until further notice, Rapid Response Scholarship are only available to current members who can confirm their residency as being within the West Cook YMCA service area (Oak Park, Forest Park, River Forest, Maywood, Bellwood, Melrose Park, Elmwood Park, Franklin Park, Stone Park, and River Grove). Scholarships only apply to Adult (21+), Youth (ages 6-17), and Household membership rates.
- To ensure contributions allocated to fund scholarships are being utilized for their intended use, scholarships are subject to be forfeited if the member does not check-in to the Y at least 3 times a week. If the scholarship is forfeited, the membership will become a full-paying membership. Attendance will be checked weekly. Recipients will receive a one-week grace period before any terminations. All communications will be done through email.
- Current scholarship recipients should apply for a Rapid Response Scholarship 30 days before their current scholarship expires. A current scholarship does not guarantee additional scholarships.
- When a scholarship expires or is redistributed due to a lack of use, members will become responsible for paying the full membership fee on the next fee draft date. If you do not wish to accept the charges, you can contact us at email@example.com to terminate your membership by the 20th of the month. If you do not contact us, you will be responsible for any monthly membership fees after the scholarship terminates.
- If for any reason a scholarship is terminated, the West Cook YMCA will make a good faith effort to communicate by the email address provided.
- Program scholarships are not guaranteed. The scholarship team will follow up with more details if funding is available. You must be a member receiving a Rapid Response Scholarship to apply for a program scholarship.
|Monthly Household Income
Program Scholarship (if approved)
|$1,499 and under
Annual Support & Financial Assistance Program
Your Y is more than a gym — it’s a community of men, women and children from all walks of life. From volleyball to volunteerism, lunges to learning the alphabet, squats to successfully finding a home, West Cook Y helps our community become stronger every day.
Our Annual Support Campaign is your opportunity to help friends and neighbors achieve even more. In 2014, because of gifts from members like you, we provided over $100,000 in financial assistance to more than 1,000 families, adults, seniors and youth in the 10 communities we serve. Neighbors in need received access to child care, preschool, fitness classes, sports, gardening, enrichment activities, and so much more!
Please join us in making our community stronger by giving to the Y’s Annual Support Campaign. You can add an amount to your monthly membership deduction, make a donation or complete a pledge card at the front desk, or donate online here.
We are also looking for Y Champions who will lend their time and support to the effort. If you have a passion for what the Y is and does and you can give your time, please contact Tara Lenardi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for making your community stronger through the Y’s Annual Support Campaign.