Financial Development Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Financial Development
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
The Financial Development Administrator serves as a member of the West Cook YMCA’s Mission Advancement team, partnering with the team to enhance our brand awareness, strengthen our Y’s charitable worthiness, and deepen the organization’s relationships with our members, donors, and the communities we serve to promote long-term sustainable growth. The Administrator will provide support for all philanthropic efforts, participating in prospect identification, research, cultivation, solicitation of donors, and implementing thoughtful stewardship experiences.
- Assists the Mission Advancement Team with the implementation of strategies to drive revenue and meet goals as set by the team
- Assists with all fundraising efforts including annual support campaign, events, grants, major gifts
- Provide support in the preparation of proposals and reports through research, writing, proofreading, development of attachments
- Acquire and maintain detailed knowledge and understanding of the organization and its programs to develop persuasive presentations, proposals, reports, etc.
- Cultivate annual support campaign gifts through the staff and member appeal
- Process all gifts and pledges in donor database; maintaining donor records including Daxko Fundraising and donor files; provide analytics and reporting as requested
- Responsible for all donor acknowledgements, pledges, recognition, and stewardship including corporate, foundation, individual donors
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of our donors
- Provide all event logistical support, including planning, set-up, and post-event follow-up
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings for the Mission Advancement Team
- Support the generation of communications including presentations, letters, newsletters, annual reports, events, and all marketing collateral related to mission advancement efforts.
- Cross-trained in Member Engagement and Services Department to serve as Member Engagement Representative and provide cause-driven tours as needed
- All other duties as assigned by Director
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
Philanthrophy: Values and supports the many facets of philanthropy as an essential component in achieving the Y’s mission.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent
- Three or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another not-for-profit preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills working with diverse groups of individuals, and settings.
- Must have excellent communications including written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective and multitasking and detail oriented.
- Prior experience and operating proficiency with the following operating systems: MS O365, Daxko.
- Excellent team and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work irregular work hours in excess of 40 hours a week.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency