Healthy Living: Manager of Healthy Living Fitness Programming and Services
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Healthy Living
The Manager of Healthy Living Fitness Programming and Services is responsible for overall administration of Fitness Programming and shall deliver premiere membership experience, value, service, and retention by effectively planning, implementing, and promoting all fitness programs. The Manager is essential in helping participants to advance their workout efficiency, improve their fitness level, and most importantly, make strides towards achieving a greater sense of health and well-being.
The Manager of Healthy Living Fitness Programming and Services is responsible for ensuring that all financial goals are met or exceeded, including personal training, workplace wellness, specialty classes (e.g., yoga), fitness programs (e.g., Alliance Soccer), and any revenues resulting from onsite or offsite fitness programming.
The Manager of Healthy Living Fitness Programming and Services, along with the fitness staff, will deliver quality programming to YMCA members that drives program enrollment and supports members in achieving their goals. The Manager will consider every interaction with members an opportunity for creating a meaningful relationship.
- Model the YMCA’s commitment to improving health and well-being
- Manage all aspects of the Fitness Program, including but not limited to fitness schedule, program design, staffing, and interdepartmental coordination to ensure an optimal member experience.
- Achieve certifications in all our Evidence-Based Health Intervention Programs (EBHI) offered at the association
- Ensure necessary EBHI certified staff and in coordination with Director of Community Health & Wellness.
- Hire, train, and supervise all Fitness professionals.
- Enable proactive, clear, effective, and timely internal and external communications to ensure a positive and consistent member experience.
- Plan and instruct group fitness classes and substitute for instructors as needed.
- Conduct one-on-one and small group personal training for adults and youth.
- Perform fitness consultations and Wellness Center orientations to help members achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Compile program statistics and monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all fitness programs.
- Monitor daily operations to ensure the fitness staff are adhering to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management, Exercise Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of prior supervisory and training experience.
- Proven track record in program development; implementing fitness initiatives; and leading, motivating, and inspiring others in successfully achieving their health and wellness goals.
- Current group exercise certification through one of the following certifying bodies: AFAA, ACSM, ACE, YMCA, ADAA, NSCA, or another reputable national organization.
- Current personal training certification through one of the following certifying bodies: ACE, NASM, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or another reputable national organization.
- Knowledge of exercise physiology, kinesiology, safe training procedures, exercise program implementation, and proper cardiovascular, resistance, free weight, and related fitness equipment.
- Certification in CPR/AED, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Exceptional planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability and willingness to respond to critical situations and act swiftly in an emergency.
- Ability to work with all age groups and fitness levels.
- Ability and willingness to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling and walking
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
The West Cook YMCA is a mandated Covid-19 vaccine workplace.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Phillip Jimenez at firstname.lastname@example.org