Job Type: Seasonal
Category: Youth Development
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Camp Counselors thrive when they are energetic, outgoing individuals who excel at creating intentional relationships with youth. In addition to providing direct supervision to a group of children, they also engage in exciting activities that focus on building new skills, creating relationships, and establishing a sense of belonging. Camp Counselors work to build cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers and create opportunities for them to engage in the Camp program. They promote and support the potential of all youth in programs and facilitate peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall camp experience. In terms of a time commitment, Camp day runs 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and some families may need early drop off or late pickup, shifts will vary depending on need. The Camp season is June 14, 2021 - August 13, 2021 and there are required online and in-person trainings prior to the start of Camp.
1. Responsible for supervision of and active participation with an assigned camp group of children.
2. With Co-Camp Counselors, plans and implements developmentally appropriate, culturally relevant activities for assigned group that are consistent with YMCA values.
3. Be active and fully engaged with youth as you participate in all programs and activities.
4. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
5. Attends all meetings and trainings.
6. Actively supervises activities at the pool and field trips, and maintains a visual of all participants
7. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
8. Maintains positive relations with parents and staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
9. Adheres to all protocols and procedures for COVID-19 safety guidelines
10. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the position
The West Cook YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and offers complimentary YMCA facility usage as part of employment.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
1. High school graduate or GED. Preferred completed one to two years post high school graduation.
2. Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp setting
3. Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoors, music, drama, S.T.E.M., sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
4. At least 18 years of age
5. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications, Child Abuse Prevention AND Blood Bourne Pathogens training prior to start date (provided if needed).
6. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
· Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
· Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
· Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
· Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
· Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER