Member Engagement Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
The Member Engagement Supervisor serves as a member of the West Cook YMCA’s Mission Advancement team to enhance our brand awareness, strengthen our Y’s charitable worthiness, and to promote long-term sustainable growth and deepen the organization’s relationships with our members, donors, and the communities we serve. The Member Engagement Supervisor’s core responsibility is to ensure that the Member Engagement & Services department daily operations are implementing strategies that curates a high impact member experience, delivers value that results in recruitment, increase retention, and improves service.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the annual budget and operational plan for the Member Engagement and Services, Financial Development, and Marketing & Communications Department.
- Demonstrates the proficiency and deep working knowledge of all daily member services, facility, and programming operational functions to ensure the Y is operating effectively and delivering a curated experience.
- Implements strategies for members, donors, prospects, and terminated members to meet recruitment, engagement, and retention goals.
- Ensures that staff is always providing excellence in customer service by implementing strong orientation training program and timely refresher trainings.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
- Engages members and guests throughout the facility to ensure we are delivering a quality member and guest experience
- Ensures proper implementation of procedures. Reviews and updates procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Manages general operation of the membership department, including but not limited to staff scheduling, payroll, performance feedback and other duties as necessary as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement.
- Provides daily communications with leadership on facility, member, and staff incidents and problem-solves incidents when a director is not available on-site
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent
- Three or more years of professional experience with a background in sales, membership, and/or customer service in the YMCA or another not-for-profit preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills working with diverse groups of individuals, and settings.
- Must have excellent communications including written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective and multitasking and detail oriented.
- Prior experience and operating proficiency with the following operating systems: MS O365, Daxko.
- Excellent team and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work irregular work hours in excess of 40 hours a week.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, overnights, and weekends as needed
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Please Email Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com