Community Health & Fitness Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Healthy Living
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Through our community health and fitness programming, we aim to provide the resources necessary to elicit positive behavior change across all stages and circumstances of life. The Community Health & Fitness Manager (CHFM) will lead our efforts to increase health literacy and provide opportunities both within and outside of the YMCA so that all members and participants are confident, achieving progress, and feel empowered on their journey that is uniquely theirs. The (CHFM) has a leadership role in delivering a premiere member experience, value, service, and retention by effectively curating, planning, and implementing our association’s community health and fitness programming.
The (CHFM) will oversee all fitness programming such as Work Place Wellness, personal training and group fitness, and Evidence-Based Health Interventions (EBHI) program operations; ensure high-quality program delivery that maintains fidelity to curriculum and results in measurable health status improvement for participants; commit to and support the Y mission and more specifically, the vision and goals of the Y’s focus on health seekers; develop strong relationships with the health care community, third party payors, and other partners; and provide support and guidance to front line program staff.
- Serves as operational program lead for all Fitness and EBHI programs and the integration of our Community Integrated Health Initiatives, including but not limited to, the YMCA’s Fitness and Personal Training, EBHI, Workplace Wellness.
- Leads efforts related to infrastructure and capacity to deliver Virtual Y Healthy Living programming, EBHI programs, to include MDPP Certification, maintain in good standing our CDC Full Recognition, HIPAA compliance partnerships with reimbursement, EBHI Certifications, and hiring and training staff.
- Ensure your department’s financial benchmarks (+/- 3%) of budget to actual by, effectively managing day to day operations, driving revenue, and monitoring departmental expenses, staffing, scheduling, and interdepartmental coordination to ensure an optimal member experience. The (CHFM) will ensure that the following performance indicators are met or exceeded: financial, EBHI & Fitness Program enrollment, Grant Funding, and member SEER Survey results.
- Curating a quality member experience for CDP Programming, Healthy Aging Initiatives and Fitness programming. Will require a thoughtful coordination of fitness expert staff and schedules to support a balanced lifestyle that will provide opportunities for both physical and mental wellness experiences.
- Ensure that all data is entered and analyze data and outcomes of EBHI and other Healthy Living Program results for all necessary programs and grant requirements.
- Facilitate Health Literacy Workshops and lead other interactions to enhance our community’s sense of well-being.
- Direct participant recruitment and engagement activities including development and maintenance of relationships with the health care community and other partners who can refer participants and/or provide program locations in partnership with EBHI Champion.
- Support EBHI Advocate by planning for growth and long-term funding, staffing, partnership, and resource sustainability.
- Engage marketing staff to ensure adequate publicity for and marketing of the program.
- YMCA Retirement Plan
- Medical/Dental Insurance Plan
- West Cook YMCA Membership
- Access to YMCA Babysitting
- Vacation/Paid Holidays/Paid Time off
- Life Insurance
The West Cook YMCA is an equal opportunity employer.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
- Ability to build strong relationships, inspire confidence, and work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders (health care providers, public health officials, payors, health seekers, and senior Y leaders and front-line staff).
- Experience supervising front line program staff, and ability to model skills necessary for their roles.
- Understanding of the wants, needs, and interests of health seekers working to prevent or manage chronic diseases.
- Health and wellness experience preferred and public health background, a plus. Completion of Medical Community Partnerships 101 and 201 e-Learnings in the Y’s Learning and Career Development Center (LCDC) website, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Public Health, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of prior supervisory experience
- Experience implementing evidence-based program models, including targeting specific or underserved populations, managing referral relationships with health care providers, and implementing quality assurance and data collection protocols.
- Experience with Electronic Health Record programs preferred
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Current group exercise certification through one of the following certifying bodies: AFAA, ACSM, ACE, YMCA, ADAA, NSCA, or another reputable national organization.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certification
- Ability to work a minimum of a 40-hour work week that will include weekend/evening hours.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require rigorous physical activities, bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com