Enrichment Teacher (Seasonal)
Job Type: Seasonal
Category: Youth Development
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
POWER SCHOLARS ACADEMY™ PROGRAM
The summer learning program is designed to enrich summer learning for rising River Forest students in Grades 1-4 who have been identified through the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support process (MTSS) as Tier 2.
Enrichment Teachers role is to actively engage youth in enrichment programming, such as art, STEM, physical activity and more. Responsible to create an environment where scholars will be able to build confidence, try new activities, and build positive relationships. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing enrichment classes, support Assistant Teachers, and scholar supervision during guest speakers, field trips and events.
· Developing and implementing appropriate enrichment classes for assigned grade levels.
· Preparing classrooms for daily activities and collaborating with academic teachers and teacher’s assistants to ensure that objectives are reached.
· Maintaining accurate classroom records.
· Maintaining an organized and efficient classroom.
· Adhering to all Power Scholar Academy and district professional expectations and compliance issues.
· Creating a positive, achievement-oriented, organized and engaging learning environment.
· Motivating and holding scholars to high academic and behavioral expectations.
· Providing consistent rewards and/or consequences for scholar behavior grounded in positive discipline.
· Empowering scholars to make positive choices and serving as a role model.
· Being accountable for meeting scholars’ individual academic and instructional needs.
· Ensuring enrichment goals are met for each scholar.
· Creating and directing project based learning.
· Mentoring and supporting the professional development of the teacher’s assistants.
· Supervising scholars during guest speaker engagements, field trips, lunch and recess.
YMCA Leadership Competencies (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Two years experience working with youth.
· Commitment to teamwork and collaboration with diverse populations.
· Desire to work with elementary school scholars and their families
· Outstanding verbal, written, and technological (computer/internet) skills.
· Ability to build relationships and influence scholars, staff, community members & families.
· Demonstrated leadership ability.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Committed to the goals of the program and approach.
· Love and respect for children.
· Evidence of efficacy and willingness to be a team player.
· Belief and commitment to the Y’s mission and values.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com