Facilities: Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
Under the direction of the Building Engineer, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring a positive member, resident, and guest experience through the execution of the preventative and responsive maintenance program for all West Cook YMCA facility assets. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for safely performing routine inspections and repair projects related to basic painting, housekeeping, and grounds work.
- Responsible for the completion of maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Available to respond to emergency situations when needed.
- Ensure parking lot is clean and garbage is emptied on a regular basis as needed.
- Housekeeping & Groundwork including lawn maintenance, snow removal, and ensuring parking lot and sidewalks are clean and safe.
- Maintenance service request such as changing lightbulbs, painting, assisting with resident move in/out
- Report any issues regarding facility, residence, or equipment to Building Engineer.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUISITES
- High School education or equivalent; a 2-year college degree is preferred.
- Basic knowledge in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, IT, boiler operation & maintenance., or 3-5 years of experience.
- Required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials and supplies weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO email@example.com
The West Cook YMCA is a mandated Covid-19 vaccine workplace.