Membership: Member Engagement Representative
Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
The Member Engagement Representative is responsible for creating a friendly environment for our members and guests by welcoming them into the facility and addressing their needs. They deliver excellent service to all visitors, ensuring every person who enters the West Cook YMCA has a quality experience.
- Set and meet monthly goals with the Member Engagement Supervisor that supports the department’s monthly goals
- Ensure a welcoming environment by providing greeting all members, participants, staff, residents, vendors, and guests
- Understand all WCY’s membership, programs, and services including scholarships and other Y amenities
- Build relationships with members and participants to engage and connect them to the Ys programs and services; directing them to appropriate program leads when necessary
- Provide a professional, quality, and engaging cause-driven tours that are personalized to the prospect and invite potential members to join the Y
- Answer member inquiries and phone calls; Address and resolve member, resident, and program participant concerns and conflicts
- Utilize Daxko CRM and other systems to maintain, enter, and update member, resident, and participants accounts including completing memberships, registrations, and facility reservations. Prepares member records and issues membership ID cards and handles all registration/enrollment transactions.
- Assist Member Experience Supervisor with membership business and administrative tasks. Assist supervisor in sales acquisition activities as assigned.
- Adhere to sign-in/out, guest, visitor, monitoring youth in the facility and other relevant policies and procedures. Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor. Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members, or guests to the maintenance staff.
- Advocate for the Y and participate in fundraisers & promotional events and supporting other programs and/or organizational operations as assigned by the Member Engagement Director, Supervisor or Coordinators
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Post High School education or equivalent education and experience
- Two years’ experience in service, sales or related industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office software. Daxko or CCC software experience preferred
- Telephone system operating experience
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED & First Aid
- Ability to work during YMCA operating hours
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit while maintaining alertness, for long periods of time
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Total annual compensation $28,080-$37,440 full-time, hourly (30-40 hours)
- Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- YMCA Retirement benefits
- Life Insurance Policy, Long-Term Disability, and Additional Coverage Options
Monday-Sunday: 1:30pm–10:00 pm
The West Cook YMCA is a mandated Covid-19 vaccine workplace.
Please Email Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org