Member Engagement Representative
Job Type: Full Time
West Cook YMCA
255 S. Marion St.
Oak Park, Il 60302
The Member Engagement Representative is responsible for creating a friendly environment for our members and guests by welcoming them into the facility and addressing their needs. They deliver excellent service to all visitors, ensuring every person who enters the West Cook YMCA has a quality experience.
- Create a quality member experience by greeting all visitors and providing high quality customer service
- Understand and share membership and program information
- Conduct facility tours and invite potential members to join the Y
- Address and resolve member concerns and conflicts
- Answer member inquiries and phone calls
- Accurately complete registrations and transactions
- Conduct member engagement calls
- Advocate for the Y and participate in fundraisers & promotional events
- Perform any additional essential functions assigned by the Member Engagement Director, Supervisor or Coordinators
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Post High School education or equivalent education and experience
- Two years’ experience in service, sales or related industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office software. Daxko or CCC software experience preferred
- Telephone system operating experience
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED & First Aid
- Ability to work during YMCA operating hours
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit while maintaining alertness, for long periods of time
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
Please Email Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com