PHASE 5 GUIDLINES START TOMORROW
The state of Illinois began Phase 5 on Friday, June 11th, and the West Cook YMCA has completed our preparations for these guidelines to go into effect on Monday, June 14th. The following is what you can expect during Phase 5 at the Y:
- IF NOT FULLY VACCINATED, face coverings are recommended, even while exercising, except when able to maintain 6-feet social distancing.
- RESERVATIONS ARE ALWAYS REQUIRED except for personal/semi/private training, swim lessons, and yoga and group swim lessons.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE to ensure the safety of everyone, we will continue to maintain barriers in between machines and separate use by 6-feet or more while using cardio or strength equipment in the wellness center. Strength equipment in wellness center will be on alternating daily schedule to allow for 6-feet social distancing.
- SELF-ASSESSMENT SCREENINGS for Members and Staff prior to coming to the Y.
- RIGOROUS CLEANING AND DISINFECTING PROTOCOLS will be maintained. Hand sanitizers and wipes will be available to clean equipment before and after use.
- SIGNAGE will be provided that is up to date throughout the facility regarding safety protocol.
We will continue to follow CDC, state, and local guidelines.
These updated guidelines also allow us to reopen or expand certain areas and amenities, including the following:
- Men’s and Women’s Spas and Girl's and Boy's Locker Rooms
- Steam Rooms and Saunas
- Towel Service
- Programming in our Gyms
- Member Lounge and Coffee Service
- Extended wellness center hours
- Starting July 11th, we will be open on Sundays will open from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Phase 5 Guidelines
WHAT OUR MEMBERS CAN LOOK FORWARD TO LATE THIS SUMMER AND IN THE FALL
In addition to these Phase 5 modifications, we are also excited to share our preparations and plans for what is yet to come at the West Cook YMCA.
We have hired two new staff members to lead our Healthy Living programs- Danielle Villari-Swets, Associate Director of Community Health Programming and Services, and Danielle Nachtigall, Associate Director of Fitness Programming and Services. The addition of Danielle V. and Danielle N. will allow us to expand programming in the following areas: Fitness programming, group fitness schedule, personal training, yoga classes, and virtual fitness. We will also be relaunching many of our Community Health programming to include complementary classes for: The YMCA Weight Loss Program, the YMCA Diabetes prevention and Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring, and our Pilot programming for non-members ages 62 and above.
As we hire additional staff, our current projection as to when all these additional program options will be offered is the Fall of 2021. Members can also look forward to additional facility enhancements such as the installation of a new pool liner in August, and brand new cardio equipment in the Wellness Center.
Later this July, our members will also have access to the new YMCA mobile app, which will provide access to your favorite group fitness programs and connect them to your account, register for programs, or search for your favorite class. In addition, we will be offering thousands of YMCA digital content videos in the fall of 2021. All of this will increase your member value and enhance our ability to support your health and wellness journey.
Thank you for being part of the Y. We are excited about all of the new updates coming to the West Cook YMCA, allowing us to serve our members FOR A BETTER US.
Director of Mission Advancement