Phase 5 GUIDELINES
The West Cook YMCA is a place of belonging — it’s why we continue to put health, wellness, and safety among our top priorities. As the world around us evolves, so too will our perspectives and protocols but not at the expense of our commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our members, our residents, our staff, and our community.
In consultation with infectious disease professionals, the Oak Park Public Health Department's Updated Guidance
, and analysis of the most current COVID-19 data, beginning Monday, February 28, 2022, proof of vaccinations will no longer be required and masks will be optional for all individuals entering our spaces, unless required by regulatory mandate (e.g. license-exempt programs).
As we continue on this journey to create safe environments, the Y encourages members and individuals from all of our communities to practice and pursue appropriate safety actions, including vaccinations, wearing masks, washing hands regularly, and social distancing.
We will also be welcoming of all who choose to continue to wear their masks while in our YMCA.
The following protective measures will continue:
- FACE COVERINGS ARE RECOMMENDED
- RESERVATIONS ARE ALWAYS REQUIRED except for personal/semi/private training, swim lessons, and yoga and group swim lessons.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE to ensure the safety of everyone, we will continue to maintain barriers in between machines and separate use by 6-feet or more while using cardio or strength equipment in the wellness center. Strength equipment in wellness center will be on alternating daily schedule to allow for 6-feet social distancing.
- SELF-ASSESSMENT SCREENINGS for Members and Staff prior to coming to the Y.
- REGULAR CLEANING AND DISINFECTANT PROTOCOLS will be maintained. Hand sanitizers and wipes will be available to clean equipment before and after use.
- SIGNAGE will be provided that is up to date throughout the facility regarding safety protocol.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO FOLLOW CDC, STATE, AND LOCAL GUIDELINES