TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR DIABETES
A FREE 6-week program developed by Stanford University for older adults 60 and over who are looking to understand more about how to better manage their diabetes, and be proactive in educating themselves on the topic. Sessions are led by 2 trained facilitators with personal or professional experience on ongoing health conditions and participants meet once a week for 2.5 hours.
For more information or details on upcoming classes, contact email@example.com
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- 18 years or older
- Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes, or a caretaker for someone who is diagnosed
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THE PROGRAM
- Healthy eating: how to start or improve healthy eating habits and create healthy meals.
- Physical activity: how to identify what exercises are best for you based on your unique needs and lifestyle.
- Communication skills: how to develop a better communication with your doctor, family and friends.
- Fatigue and frustration: how to be aware of the signs and the steps you need to take to sleep better, get more energy, change negative thoughts for positive and create a new life for yourself.
- Action plan: how to set weekly goals to make you feel not only physically better but also emotionally.
- Relaxation body scan: learn how to use your mind to calm yourself and release muscular tension.
- Making decisions: learn how to make better decisions whether it be to start a new medicine or work on a project you have been thinking of.
PLUS, you will get the added benefit of support and encouragement from your workshop facilitators and fellow workshop participants in achieving your goals and make lots of new friends along the way.