RESIDENCY at the west cook ymca
Affordable Housing Alternative for Men
West Cook Y offers secure housing for men transitioning between housing, not wanting the commitment of an apartment or home, living temporarily in the community for school or employment, or simply desiring an affordable, safe place to live.
Rooms at the Y are available for as little as a week or for as long as desired. Rent is paid in advance on a weekly basis, and there are no long-term leases, contracts or security deposits. Any man aged 18 or older with income or other assets is welcome to apply for our residency program.
Why choose the West Cook Y?
For affordability, convenience and safety, the West Cook Y is an exceptional alternative to traditional housing options:
- Located within a few blocks of the CTA green line and blue line, as well as the Metra train, giving you easy and affordable access to both downtown Chicago and the suburbs.
- Dining, shopping, churches, a public library and community services are nearby for your convenience.
- Each room (remodeled in 2014) contains a twin sized bed, dresser, desk and chair, closet, Direct TV basic service and a private telephone.
- Personal refrigerator in each room.
- Weekly linen service (bedding and towels) is available.
- Security is provided 24 hours a day, and each room is uniquely keyed to prevent unauthorized entry.
- 24-hour maintenance is available, as well as general housekeeping every weekday.
- Each floor has two bathrooms that include showers.
- Common area open to all residents includes a microwave oven, TV with extended cable channels and vending machines.
- Each resident receives a membership to the Y at no additional cost. The Y offers a full range of workout facilities, a computer lab and access to employment assistance.
All this for only $130/week for the first 30 days, and $125/week thereafter for a room without a sink. Rooms with sinks are $141/week for the first 30 days, and $136/week thereafter.
How to apply
Requirements for housing are:
- Males ages 18+, must net $1,500 per month, provide proof of income (SSDI, SSI, 30-days of paycheck stubs, etc), and have no felonies.
- Rooms are limited, so please stop in or call us at 708.434.0251 to check availability.
- Each potential resident is required to complete an application. These are available at the front desk of the Y 24 hours a day.
- Once you submit a completed application, you will be contacted to schedule an interview and a tour of the facility.
For more information on the YMCA resident program, please email Residence Case Manager, Paige Clincy at firstname.lastname@example.org